Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Jalan Peel, KL - Yong Tau Foo

If you search around the blogs, most makan blogs will feature Wah Kiow which is a very famous Yong Tau Foo place in Lorong Peel next to Taman Maluri Jusco and IPD Cheras. That reminds me of my working days in Cheras where we used to eat at the chicken shop opposite Wah Kiow and would order some yong tau foo, but the chicken place is no longer around but Wah Kiow is still there.

It was after our mountain bike hashing (see http://wildgeeks.org) and I had like 4 bikes at the back of my truck and I found a parking at Jalan Peel instead of turning into the lorong. I saw a yong tau foo stall just at the corner of Jalan Peel to Lorong Peel and thought that Wah Kiow have move out. So without thinking too much and wanting to be able to watch my truck and all the bikes behind, we just sat and waited for the rest. A phone call later, I realised I am in the wrong shop! Hahaha... anyway, we decided to makan separately because all of us wanted to be able to see our vehicles and bikes.












So anyway, I didn't managed to catch the name of this makan place but its pretty crowded, 5 of us ordered 1 assam fish, 1 char chee yok and lots of yong tau foo (ytf). Instead of making your own ytf, this place you just pick the pieces you want. I let the Rooster do the ordering because I am just too lazy after the hash.

The ytf are alright, I wouldn't say fantastic but its on standard and is not bad. The sui kau however cannot fight with Wah Kiow and the bittergound just cannot fight with the fish paste place in Oldtown.

Assam fish is kembong, that is not too bad while the hakka stew pork (char chee yok) is average, still cannot fight with my dad's :P












Overall is ok, about RM7.50 per person for a lot of food plus drinks ;)

GPS: N3 07.604 E101 43.549

No comments: