Google Search

Google
 

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Brunei - Satay, simply the best!

It's my first time visiting Brunei, after hearing all the boring stories that place is from my colleagues, I have been trying to avoid this place. But finally on the week before Merdeka, I got no choice but to go there for a presentation.

Surprising, the japanese food there are very very good and reasonable. That's what I had on the first night I am there. Wanted to blog it but the mood wasn't right then since I know I am going to get sh*t for the presentation.

So anyway, we got our sh*t and was spending the next day and night rushing for the thing. During dinner break, our colleagues pack some very good satay back for us! See video!

These are the hardest satay I have eaten, they are worst than beef jerky! Hehehe... no idea which part of the meat they used. But even those that are just meat, are quite tough and hard too, more like bbq jerky to me.

But to give credit to Brunei, surprisingly some food are good there, mee mamak was ok, japanese are great, thai also ok :P

2 comments:

Jack Hii said...

HAHAHAHHAHA.a.a.a..

ROTFL!!!!

27 said...

Sad to hear that our country is called Boring. Yes we are lacking in various areas that tourist are looking for but we are proud for various unique attractions that we have in our country.

On your post, Satay is one of the delicacies that shouldnt be missed when you are staying in Brunei. It is important that we eat it when it is still hot. The satay meat also has various kinds which includes chicken and beef, to add to the existing menu, rabbit meat, lamb meat has been introduced. To excite the taste buds, you can dip bread or Ketupat with the peanut sauce.

If you are ever in Brunei again, drop by the Batu Bersurat Area and there are two vendors next to two restaurants which are favourites with the locals.