Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pangkor - Breakfast @ Sg. Pinang Kecil

Its good to be back in Pangkor again, this is one of my favourite place to grew up as I spend many school holidays in this island... why you may ask? Mainly because I was a skinny little boy believe or not when I was a kid. So my mum sent me to my aunt in Pangkor during school holidays on a get the kid fat program. And hey, it worked, haha... good food plus a fierce aunty, who wouldn't eat? I mean, breakfast was like a few house away between 30 cents to 50 cents for a bowl of noodles, then lunch at home, another few home away for laksa and red bean for tea then dinner and follow my uncle out for supper! So you do the math!

Anyway, back to the topic, we got some of the wildgeeks to Pangkor and we actually brought along our mountain bikes. We did a crazy climb from the Golden Sands Beach up the road next to Pangkor Hill to Sg. Pinang Kecil town for breakfast. I will leave the cycling to wildgeek's website to post.

The first thing I look for is the local nasi lemak. Its a small packet of nasi lemak wrapped in banana leaf, the unique thing is that its only rice with a piece of fish and curry gravy on it. Its about 80 cents per packet but its so good, I can eat 3 easily! The prove the point, I offered it to some of the wildgeeks whom are already having their noodles, they decline at first, but after the first bite, they just kept the whole packet ;0

After some stunning nasi lemak, I got a bowl of the local noodles, its basically noodles of your choice in clear soup stock (usually from seafood) then add with toppings like roast pork (char siew) and fish cake or sometimes some seafood. A scope of sambal is then added to the soup and you just stir them up and eat. Its spicy yet the stock is still tasty at RM2.20 per bowl :D

Many other type of kiuh, yau char kuai, chee cheong fun and etc. are also available around this area for breakfast. Just wish I had more time this trip, there are just so much more to eat!

GPS: N4 13.641 E100 34.469

No comments: