Google Search

Google
 

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Medan D'sara - Kar Soh

They have several branches, but I prefer the one @ Medan D'sara because its nearer for me. This place is famous for their fish head noodles, RM8.50 per person's portion. They use the thick type of meehoon like vietnamese, soup is quite clear, normally they put a lot of ginger and salted vege but this is quite moderate.

Noodles are a lot but fishes are not that much. Funny thing is they also provide fried pork to go with it, sinful but yummy :). My friend Cicak (nick) cannot seems to get enough of the lard... hehehe.

Their dishes are good too, I have so far tried their lotus roots friend with macadamia nuts, deep fried pork intestines and deep fried fish with apple. The lotus roots are my favourite so far, basically sliced lotus roots stir fried with carrots, celery, water chestnuts, macadamia nuts in "lum yee" paste. Very unique among most fried lotus root I tried but must be eaten hot otherwise the flavour is lost.

Pork intestines are fried to crisped, superbly good served with sweet sauce. It reminds me of this stall in Temple Streeet in Hong Kong where I used to frequent when I went there for work for their deep fried pork intestines.

The fish is just ok, basically deep fried toman fish top with a light sweet sauce and apple slices. Prices are above average here, quite expensive also but the food is good, so you still see the place pack weekend dinners :)

No comments: