Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Port Klang - Restoran Tian Lee

Had a late lunch after hashing and everyone was too tired to go to Jack's countryside estate for bbq, so when I finally got hungry later at night, I look up my buddy Cicak in Klang for some food hunting.

He took to port klang town, behind the rows of shops after KFC, next to the houses is where Restoran Tian Lee is located. It looks like a make shift restaurant extended from a house like most makan place in Malaysia. Its almost 10.30pm then and the place is still packed. We one of the only two tables left and sat. This place is famous for their balitong and mee mamak (yes I know, chinese place selling mamak noodles).

I noticed that almost every table will have the balitong, mee mamak as well as their crabs. Balitong are cooked in a spicy sauce while crabs are kum heong. Unfortunately when its our turn to order, they have just finished selling the balitong and we do not feel like crabs that night. So we settled for the mee mamak, top with their restaurant own tofu (chiew pai) and some fried bamboo clams (chuk tan).

After that is pure wait, as I looked around and I noticed that tables that have there before we arrived have not been served yet! So, its then down to beer and chit chat. They have 2 chiefs, an Indonesian looking lady with a Chinese Aunt and a Chinese Lady will be the one preparing the ingredients and managing the kitchen. Even though there aren't too many tables, should be 15 or so, the wait is long. After about 40 mins or more later, our food finally came!

The mee mamak is spicy and I was told the balitong is even spicier! Just like how the mamak did it, its fried with eggs, onions put they added curry and some basil leaves into it. Smells good, taste is ok but super spicy. I was feeling cooling with beer and the nice weather at night, but the moment I down the noodles, I started sweating like mad, that's just how spicy it is!

Next comes their chiew pai tofu, its basically tofu stuffed with pork then fried. After that its top with some sweet and sourish sauce. Sliced cucumbers and crushed peanuts are added to. This is not bad and quite unique, I just wish I haven't taken the mee mamak first, its kills off some of my taste bud, hehehe.

Last are the bamboo clams and they are fried with a thick and nice sauce. Its a little spicy but very tasty. These are the small bamboo clams and this are the type I like, not the big one which have too much juice in them!

The meal came to about RM40 for the 3 dishes plus a big bottle of beer. That's quite ok and reasonable I would say. Nothing is cheap anymore nowadays :P. Will come back to try their balitong and cicak informed me that there are also good fried fish dishes nearby, the next time perhaps :D

1 comment:

Eddie Ong said...

Wow this post is already been so long.I just went to this restaurant last week.Really true their balitong is still tip top and spicy.But good news is that we don't have to wait that long anymore as their coming is faster a bit.

Now their Crab still the best with Kam Hiong style,but they have a new style which is Salty Egg Fried.They also got stim Lala which taste good also.