Google Search

Google
 

Friday, November 09, 2007

Subang Jaya - Nasi Lemak @ Wong Soon Kee

I remember when I was kid, probably in primary school at that time, one of the common chores I had to do is to be the boy who runs down from the car to help my family members to buy stuff. And speaking about this nasi lemak @ Restoran Wong Soon Kee in SS14, Subang Jaya, my family was a regular at the stall.

Those days, the nasi lemak stall sells the whole day till dinner time, my mum would usually ask me to go down and buy just curry chicken to go with other dishes at home for dinner. I remember its just RM3 for like 2-3 pieces of chicken with a lot of gravy.

Later on, the restoran decided to run a mix rice stall and the nasi lemak then had to close for lunch because its giving too much competition to the mix rice stall. So, if you want to eat at this place, be there for breakfast before 11am and they opened again at 2pm plus, 3 to be safe and close by 5-6pm. There is always a queue at this place, no matter what time of the day you go.

The curry chicken comes in thick and coconut rich gravy, fishes are fried and coated with sambal, mutton are curry style and mussels in thick curry gravy too. You will have the option for cabbage or long beans usually as vegetables. But the favourite here are their fried whole chicken drumstick (which you will also find at the mix rice stall, copycat :P) which are just excellent, crunchy on the outside yet reserving the tender chicken juice inside. You can also choose either to have coconut milk rice or chee cheong fun to with all this.

I have the chee cheong fun with a chicken drumstick, mussels and some vegetables and it costs me RM7. But its all worth it, this is one of my all time favourite thing to eat and is definately one of the best chinese nasi lemak around. :)

GPS: N3 04.358 E101 35.353